Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rule #2 GUYS ARE LIKE GRITS...

Cigarettes, that is. Especially if you live in a culture where cigarettes are completely normal, and they won't kill you, but potentially they may cause something that will! Yes, guys can be good and potentially cause even what may be God's plan for you. However, if you are like I was in my single years; It wasn't about God's purpose, it was about my void of loneliness. After developing the addiction to the attention, it becomes second nature. You no longer realize that you are acting out of an adapted and learned-behavior. Even when I began to date my husband, my reactions to male-attention was too strong. I would blame myself for being lustful or wonder if I'd made the wrong decision in who I was with. The truth is I wasn't aware that my reaction WAS NOT natural, rather learned. If you're single this carry's the same weight. If this has become normal to you as well, then look at men like your addiction, or your weakness. They are not something special, just TEMPTATION! Simple, and as old as sin; temptation, (which truly has no power over us if we know God). Once God showed my this, a weight was instantly lifted off my shoulders. I can be confident now when someone acts out of line (since I'm married, the flirting is out of line) that it's not me, and it's not really them, it's just "grits".

No comments:

Post a Comment