Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rule #8 Don't Pete and Repeat

Don't Pete and Repeat or Patty and Repeat. This one goes for males and females and especially for my former self, if only. I never even recognized this pattern in me until someone finally said something. (Shout out to good friends like Megan Looney). Even when that pattern was finally revealed, I didn't understand why I had the tendancy to run back to an old flame. I believe the reason for that behavior MUST be known before it's going to get any easier. Have you noticed that you will repeatedly date the same person or few people? Have you found yourself in the arms of someone who's already broken your heart? Clearly, if you find yourself calling whichever x will answer during those late nights, there's an issue of feeling complete in yourself. However, beyond that popular problem in singles, there's something more serious that HAS to be dealt with.

I can't completly describe why or when a "soul tie" is made between friends or lovers, but I know it's a very real thing. Basically this is happening when you make a desicion in your spirit to feel, think, or act like you are one flesh yet you aren't because you aren't married yet. This is when a deep,heart-string,bond is formed. Being or feeling like one flesh isn't simply having sex. That connection can be made even by imagining the two of you in your future. Especially when your future is still very undetermined and that person doesn't deserve those special visions in your mind.

If you've formed a soul tie, you're literally going to have to divorce that person from your heart, spirit, and/or soul. Even if you never physically go back to this person, your memories, your visions, or your mind will torment you potentially forever with thoughts of this person. In fact, I'm convinced that you could have serios trouble finding a good match if you never "get over" this person or these people you are so deeply connected to. And if you do end up in a serious relationship, you'll get sick imaging other person(s) when you know you have someone better right in front of you. 

You're going to have to get real with God on this one. If it seems a little over-spiritualized, I apologize, but I can't suger coat this one. First, ask God to reveal all relationships that would have formed a soul tie. You need to repent for treating this person(s) like a spouse before God blessed him/her as such. In an audible voice, remove the idea of this person(s) by name from yourself in Jesus' name. Accept God's forgiveness and ask for his peace to replace that hole in your heart.You might find that someone's name comes up who seems really detached from you now, but you can't over do it. I know that personally, I never felt all of the bonds that I had formed until years and years afterwards. 

I pray for Christ's freedom over all of you. If you're really having trouble with a broken heart from someone, get someone else involved in praying for you. And you're welcome to make me that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment